A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Character Terminology in Illustrations?? Wht do i call this?

Character Terminology in Illustrations?? Wht do i call this?

Im a website designer who is in charge or redoing a social network site. The site currently uses illustrated characters to market the network. However, I plan to make the site more web 2.0 with the cool tech look and feel Trying to explain to the customer what i need as far as the illustration goes. How can i explain that he can still keep his current guy...see http://mastermindset.ning.com/ (the bald character with the pointer) but i need him to POP more. Look more modern. What term do illustrators use for this? I want to make sure i get my point across without making him feel that i do not like his work. I just need it to look like a site designed more recently and right now..the illustration looks outdated...
    Thoughts? Terminology i can use??

thanks so much!

I think the trendy term is "re-imagined"

In my experience most cartoonists will have a particularly style and it can be difficult to change. Your customer may need his character to be reworked by another illustrator.

If possible - pointing to examples might be better than finding a correct term.

Also IMO the style of animation is as dated as the illustration - too mechnical and repetitive.

@Toon, thank you for affirming what I already thought. As a website designer who knows nothing about illustrations this did help me. This is going to be a frustrating project as I can already tell this guy is set in his way and the cartoonist happens to be a good friend of his. Thanks for the response.