A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Upload image into movieclip?

Upload image into movieclip?

Hi Guys,

I am trying to upload an image into a movieclip on the stage. either using PHP or anything else...

Can someone please help me to achieve that? is there any working tutorial that I can follow? I found a couple of tutorials on google but none of them working!!

any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

okay, Thanks for viewing and not answering! I figured it out...

Will moderate for beer
    You're welcome.

Your question was also not at all clear. "upload" means to send a file to a server. I think you meant download an image from your server and put it in flash. In which case, use a Loader, but you already figured that out.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TonsOfFlax View Post
    You're welcome.

Your question was also not at all clear. "upload" means to send a file to a server. I think you meant download an image from your server and put it in flash. In which case, use a Loader, but you already figured that out.

No need to be sarcastic!!

and thanks for teaching me my own language!! I know what upload means and what download means. and I meant upload....
    which part of my question wasn't clear?!?

any way, as I said figured it out now... the problem with this forum is that only a couple of people (i.e. whispers) will only respond to the threads. others just looking without responding....

I agree with 5TonsOfFlax, your question was not 100% clear. We did not know if you meant upload as in browse the users pc and load the image in that way.

Or load externally from an image folder or load from the library.

I am glad you figured it out though.

Will moderate for beer
    Apparently the whole question wasn't clear. I still don't know what you were trying to do. If you meant upload, then why bring php into it if you just wanted it on the client? Or were you trying to put it on the server as well? Or just didn't know where to start looking?

So now I'm thinking you wanted FileReference.browse and FileReference.load to get an image from your computer into flash. I wouldn't call that upload though, since it doesn't go to a server (or use the FileReference.upload method). Have I guessed correctly?

As for looking but not responding, would you rather everyone post useless "I don't know" responses? I wouldn't.

well, I am sorry if my question wasn't clear but if someone asks me "how to upload images into a movieclip using PHP" the first thing will come into my mind is the FileReference...

another thing that baffles me is that everyone looks and noone replys and as soon as I said I figured it out you guys started saying my question wasn't clear!

well, if the question wasn't clear the easiest way to clear it is to ask or just say the question is not clear and the OP will try to clear it up for you!! wouldn't that be easier for both side instead of waiting to see what happens?

any how, I appreciate your time and suggestions and I will try to make it more clear next time.

cheers

might I ask how you ended up achieving this? say i want a user to upload a file from their computer and it would be the background image of the flash movie... thanks