A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Stats bars

Stats bars

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a sniper rifle game, well the menu and stats screen at the moment and have 4 stats bars for each rifle (range, recoil, mag size and mobility) will be 5 soon when added rate of fire. Each rifle has different stats and the range bar (for example) will be different widths for each rifle. If I wanted the scope add on 100 pixels of width to the range bar no matter what size it currently is how do I go about it?

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar
    Use the Games forum's search to find an answer. Search for "stat bar", "life bar", "power bar", etc. Discusssed many many many times already.

Already had a look but didn't see what code I'm looking for. Searching on my mobile as just moved house and sky have quoted me a month to get broadband back up.

Already had a look but didn't see what code I'm looking for. Searching on my mobile as just moved house and sky have quoted me a month to get broadband back up.

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar
    I don't really understand your question, maybe a picture would help. I'll try to explain.

Think of the concept as basic algebra. You have your current stat and your maximum stat. Just make that into a percentage.

Actionscript Code:
    var perc:Number = (currentStat/maximumStat);

Then you can multiply that percentage with the width or use that percentage to choose a frame.

Actionscript Code:
    var barMaxWidth:Number = 300;

bar1.width = barMaxWidth * perc

or

Actionscript Code:
    bar1.gotoAndStop( bar1.totalFrames * perc);