A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My new Window to the world

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar

My new Window to the world

A 55" LG TV with 3D technology, PASSIVE glasses ROCK, Ohh yeah

http://fastdiscovery.blogspot.com/20...assive-3d.html

they also threw in two 3D Blu-ray Titles "crappy ones mind you, something about ocean creatures and the Polar Express movie"

but the killer feature is the 2D-to-3D conversion and they're giving a 3D Blu-Ray player with it

will post a pic of my Home Entertainment later on once setup is done

how's everyone been doing?

You got the wrong TV, sillyhead.

All jokes aside, I've often wondered who will be happy to sit around their house watching tv where you need to use glasses to "see" it properly. Won't be me. I still don't see 3D as the must have technology that everyone needs in their lives.
    Last edited by hanratty21; 06-23-2011 at 09:29 AM.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Glad I'm not the only one. I am seriously turned off by 3D. The technology just isn't there yet to make me want to watch it. Even the no glasses 3Ds is very straining on the eyes when I played a demo unit at gamestop.

Also does that "depth" really add to anything? I feel it will forever be a gimmick.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Indeed a gimmick. It has a certain cool factor however. A friend of mine had a 3D-ready Mitsubishi and bought a sensor/glasses kit. I will say it had about the same effect as modern 3d movies which I thought was an impressive achievement. In no way did it ruin regular 2d tv for me. I'm not even sure I want to experience holographic tv.

the HDMI ports on my TV apparently have died.

Every try to play your 360 in SD? Its trash.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Heh, played a lot in SD until I finally flipped for an HD. Played all the way through GTA4 without being able to read a damn thing.

I first had my 360 hooked up to my tv with the red white and yellow until I got an hdmi cable. It's like being partially blind and finally getting a pair of glasses.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I made it through 3 minutes of black ops in SD before i wanted to kill myself.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

There was some shooter launch title, I think Ghost Recon, couldn't even get through the tutorial because I couldn't make out the picture of the button they wanted me to press. My friend looked over at me like i just pissed my pants on stage and I just bowed my head. Now my screen is twice as big as his, of course its downstairs atm because its 120 watts.

you guys fail to realize one thing, in Dubai we have two seasons only, Summer and SUPER summer, winter lasts for about 30 seconds, if you go to take a wizz you miss it and will have to wait till next year

so aside form that fact that it's much better to stay inside where the A/C is on and the drinks are free-sort of anyway- I do like the idea of watching all my classics, and specially animations 3d, and I love the perspective more than the stuff popping out of the screen

all in all with the new technologies coming up I think I'll stay with that one for a while, plus I can always move it to the beach house, or my parents house or the farm house...etc whenever I'm getting a newer one

as or the comparison between Passive and active, I almost threw up after two minutes of using the active glasses, the flicker is unbearable, and one of them, I think it was the sony, gave me an instant headache the minute I put the glasses on, a quick check with an electronic compass and turns out it's producing a huge amount of EMF enough to fry your brain

anyway it'll be delivered day after tomorrow, so I'll keep you guys posted, the good news is I'm moving the 42 Old LG to my bedroom and using it as a computer monitor and for movies in bed

Wow. Nice TV... not personally sold on 3D on my TV, but as far as it goes with me... new stuff is fun stuff.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Active...Passive...whatever. I'd feel like a dingaling watching TV in my own house with something over my face. I had to keep taking them off during Avatar as well. Good on you if you enjoy it...just never going to be for me.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2 View Post
    the HDMI ports on my TV apparently have died.

Every try to play your 360 in SD? Its trash.
    I've tried the PS3 on the A/V setting when connecting to the Projector at first.....I almost cried

Congrats on the TV. One of a persons most important purchases in life.

Quote Originally Posted by hanratty21 View Post
    You got the wrong TV, sillyhead.
    Love that commercial. "I JUST bought this one!"
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey View Post
    Congrats on the TV. One of a persons most important purchases in life.

Love that commercial. "I JUST bought this one!"

When you're indoors 9 months out of 12 because of the unbearable heat, believe me, it's essential, then again I just can't wait to re-watch all my Disney classics and Animation releases with the 3D

I'm loving the Magic Wand type remote control too

[UPDATE]

Just finished installing it all yesterday -Just in time to start studying for my License Renewal Exam next month-

3d_Blu Ray is not sending enough power up the HDMI cable to recognize the 3D display via the Receiver so my solution is to take a Direct HDMI to the TV and then use the Optical ports for a DTS surround from the Blu-Ray to the Onkyo, will take a sweet pic soon

Though I must say; watching South Park in 3d is not that Gratifying at all