A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What are you doing this summer?

What are you doing this summer?

Sadly the local free concerts came to an end. Seems like my only diversion has been the farmers market.

In other news I bit the bullet and got a new site to host stuff on.
    http://tappermike.com

There is much to do regarding the css but I'd rather spend time blogging ztar tutes then coding.

Just living poor down in boston- always looking for fun free stuff to do(not too hard if you look)

My only big event of the summer is actually next weekend. 3 day music festival. Should be a good time since we're bringing 4 new people who have never been to anything like this before.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Reads like an interesting time. Got to watch out for those "Never done anything" types they may reject the thing on a whole.

They know what they're in for. They all seem really excited. Which is good because I'm not down for baby sitting and ruining my time there. I'm not too worried though.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Make sure they know how to pace themselves.

Are we still talking about music here?
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

I was talking about the festival as a whole. If you've never been to anything like it 3 days out in the middle of nowhere with 20k people can be overwhelming.

Grandfather to the stars bigginge's Avatar
    I'm playing at a local festival 16th July with my chum who I've been playing and singing with for 40 years now. It's in the garden of a big house, and the nice thing is my wife and I used to take our sons to festivals about 30 years ago and they'd watch us play, usually in the club tent, and now they're bringing their children to listen. I've played on stage with one of my sons, would like to stick around long enough to play with a grandson or granddaughter.
    Also putting on another concert at the end of July to raise money for the kids in Romania, and have a really good blues guitarist booked. If you have time have a look at this the people out there are doing wonderful work.
    To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Love Light Romania Romania Blog

Reads like a good time to me. I followed the links in your footer before you posted. Good people doing good things to make the world a better place.

The free concerts in the part are returning late this year. I thought they were cancelled altogether. Apparently they got some last minute funding to keep em alive.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    Just living poor down in boston- always looking for fun free stuff to do(not too hard if you look)

My only big event of the summer is actually next weekend. 3 day music festival. Should be a good time since we're bringing 4 new people who have never been to anything like this before.
    Haha I always come back here around this time of year to see if you're going. Same #?
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Swimming a lot

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by sk8Krog View Post
    Haha I always come back here around this time of year to see if you're going. Same #?
    Yup this will be our third year going now and yeah same #. I usually only check my phone a couple times during the day when at our camp site since I don't like carrying it around especially at night but definitely hit us up. We're trying to get there REAL early and possibly even earlier then we're allowed(you have to pay a little extra from what I've heard) so to get prime main stage spots.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8Krog View Post
    I still have you in my AIM list... I think.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Haven't used aim in quite a while. I'll hit you up though I think you're still on my list too.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Thank goodness, a little variety comes to the concerts. Last year it was predominately classic rock which is fine. Thursday it was a fusion / latin rock band playing all original instrumentals. I need a date for these things.