dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bug

Bug

hi

I think I found a bug

using a .fun file made in Koolmoves 8.0 - when I export it using Koolmoves 8.1.1 it creates garbled code

the weird thing - the debugger cannot pick it up - and my local browser shows both fine - I only picked it up by using Adobe Browser Lab.

here are screenshots of the exact same fun file exported using both 8.0 and 8.1.1

Koolmoves 8.0:

http://under.freezoka.net/8.0.png

Koolmoves 8.1.1

http://under.freezoka.net/8.1.1.png

I also provided the test files to replicate the error.

In fact there were worse errors than this in other fun files - objects missing etc...crashing on export...this is just a quick test file

http://under.freezoka.net/testfile.zip

Super Moderator
    There are action script errors in both swfs files --

Error: Error #2067: The ExternalInterface is not available in this container. ExternalInterface requires Internet Explorer ActiveX, Firefox, Mozilla 1.7.5 and greater, or other browsers that support NPRuntime.
    at Error$/throwError()
    at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/call()
    at test_on_both_versions_fun::MainTimeline/frame6()

I suggest you download from adobe.com the debug player.

I will let Wilbert look at any action script to understand what is going on. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it is a Koolmoves bug.

weird thing is, I have been using the debugger...

there might be some errors when pressing some buttons...because I deleted some objects....but these should not be called up by the debugger when just loading the page.....(because they are nested in a function or button listener)

or even then can this cause problems?

in my tests it is just loading a page, and koolmoves 8.0 and 8.1.1 rendered the swf differently. Maybe the different versions handle errors differently?

also the error you mentioned is external interface call, connecting to javascript, but I did not add the javascript to the html file in the zip...but it should not affect the bugs i mention...

Both swf files you provided in the zip archive (8.0.swf and 8.11.swf) look like the 8.1.1 image you posted with english and german text visible. I don't see a difference.

ok definatley something strange going on here.

on my computer on firefox, internet explorer and chrome - both swfs look like the 8.0 example. but on your system they look like the 8.1.1 example.

and in Adobe Browser Lab they each look different.

>Try using Adobe Browser Lab and you will see. It doesnt matter which browser you select

I tested using these links:

http://under.freezoka.net/8.0.html

http://under.freezoka.net/8.11.html

Super Moderator
    There is a subtle difference between the two swf files in the action script export. I will look into it.

Super Moderator
    rocker101, email me -- support at koolmoves dot com -- and I will give you a beta for koolmoves 8.1.1 which should resolve this problem

Super Moderator
    I spoke too soon. The action script export between the two versions is subtle and probably insignificant. There are some major differences. The 8.1.1 swf has added objects. I suspect the problem is there. I see major differences starting with contact, clients, about, btntitle, etc. In 8.1.1 swf, the same instance names are assigned to different objects.

yes basically I cannot use any 8.0 projects with 8.1 and over..so I have to do everything with 8.0

too many bugs

I suspect like you said objects are getting mixed up - I would have strange bug if I use 8.1 with a 8.0 project like clicking a menu and a different menu appears - even though the actionscript is correct...I suspect like you said objects are getting mixed up

Super Moderator
    I will look at it again. I will generate 8.0 and 8.1.1 swf files from your test_on_both_version.fun.
    Last edited by Bob Hartzell; 07-19-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Super Moderator
    It does appear there is an export problem. Because your project is huge, it may take some time to figure it out.

Super Moderator
    I think I know what the problem is. When I turned off morphing between scenes, I messed up the export for objects shared between scenes that require unique object names, specifically in this case buttons "about", "clients", "contact".

I'll let you know when I have a fix.

Super Moderator
    Email me for the fix or wait for the next release within a week.

unfortunately I just installed the 8.1.2, and it didn't fix the problems

I needed a break from my computer for some days, so I have only just got back to the screen, saw the update - was excited - but no luck - doesn't work! so gunna stick with 8.0

I will PM you a full project file for testing. would prefer the to use a later version of course!

Super Moderator
    Sorry. When you are ready, email me or post here the 8.0 fun file and any referenced images, etc. I can generate the swf files for comparision.

Exclamation BUGS - 8.1.3 is still a minefield of bugs

fínally I am back - tried Koolmoves 8.1.3 - and it is still a minefield of bugs.

so I actually had time to prepare a project file for testing and KILLING THOSE BUGS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

I hope this helps.

this is a list of the bugs that happen with my test project:

• 1. a graphic which is a little grey square for covering a menu button (to make it look like it has been pushed)
      works in Koolmoves 8.1 - but if you try it in 8.1.3 it behaves weirdly and doesnt change with each scene. it is nested in a mc called 'MenuCover'

In either version - Koolmoves 8.1 or 8.1.3 - you can produce a crash these ways:

• 2. If I delete a clip globally called 'mc24' then try to open File->Export Settings.. It crashes.

• 3. If I delete a text object called 'classical'
      on scene: 'reel'
      frame: 'base'

then try to open File->Export Settings.. It crashes.

• 4. If I delete a text object called 'modern'
      on scene: 'reel'
      frame: 'base
      '

• 5. If I delete the frame named 'base' in scene 'reel' -

in the last four points above you can actually crash it also by replacing the last action: 'open File->Export Settings' with exporting to swf (File->Export/Publish Movie - then save swf)

the project file is here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/3999221...t_for_bugs.zip

it is frustrating because I spent hours on a project only to realise I could not export it as a swf. Then I could not open the 8.1.3 file with 8.1. grrrrr!!

However if I just play it in koolmoves - I can get the temporary swf file called ~player.swf and rename it - however it is larger in size

please kill those bugs!!

cheers

Super Moderator
    Use the attachment facility provided by FlashKit, not the rapidshare environment.

I already tried - I only have 200kb left of space. Flashkits attachment facility seems to be based on a 90s size of storage space!! the file is 3mb and won't upload

Super Moderator
    I found the location where the crash is occurring. I suspect one problem is causing all the crashes. I haven't identified the cause yet. When I have a fix, I will provide you with a new version.

you rock!! if you fix it then that would save me hours apon hours of work