A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Image viewer in Flash (AS3)

Image viewer in Flash (AS3)

Hi guys!

I've made a website in Flash and I have a problem when it comes to show an image gallery on the site.

I want to use an image viewer that pops up when you click on a thumbnail and shows a larger image.

I have used Lightbox before when my site had been made only in html.

But now when my site is made in Flash I've tried to integrate Lightbox in Flash but
    I can't get LightBox to work with Flash AS3.

I've followed this guide:

http://www.creativecompulsions.com/b...ash-as3-redux/

The problem with this guide is that the solution is not giving me the final result I want.

There are 2 problems:

1/ The next and prev buttons are not working (they are not visible) and therefore I can only show a single image. So I can't use Lightbox as an image gallery with multiple images because I don't have the next/prev buttons.
    The close button is visible but it doesn't work (can't close the window).

2/ When the Lightbox window opens/expands I want the background to be shown under/through Lightbox but instead a solid dark gray/black color replaces the background.

You can see the problem if you go to www.appcreator.se and click on the Screens tab.
    Then you click on the icons (there are only 2 icons yet) and Lightbox will be opened.

But without next/prev buttons....

As I said before I use AS3 and this guide is the only one I've found about integrating Lightbox in Flash.

If I don't use Flash it's very easy. I just use this procedure and put it in the html-code:

<a href="images/image-1.jpg" rel="lightbox[roadtrip]">image #1</a>
    <a href="images/image-2.jpg" rel="lightbox[roadtrip]">image #2</a>
    <a href="images/image-3.jpg" rel="lightbox[roadtrip]">image #3</a>

But because I use Flash I don't get these <a href> tags in my code.

So I don't have a clue how to solve this problem.

Maybe it's mission impossible?

Off course I dont't have to use Lightbox for this. The important is that the images will open in a box, just like it does in Lightbox. So maybe there are some better alternative image viewers that you can integrate in Flash?

I know that you can make an image gallery from scratch in Flash, but I haven't find any tutorials how to make the images pop up in another window(box) when I click on the thumbnail. Does anyone know how to do that? I suppose that is pretty complicated?

Maybe I can solve this in a different/better way?

I would be very grateful for some help/advice.

/canaan77

Hi!
    I was looking if someone asked this question and found your post.
    I found this site that has this Flash Lightbox Injector. Haven't tried it yet myself, but the guy has guide on how to use it and some demos of it working.
    http://www.bram.us/projects/flashlightboxinjector/

Hi, canaan.
    Have you found your way out? I think you can create an image viewer of your own directly. I am learning about how to
    create web image viewer with the help of some manual tools which can be customized by users according to our own favors to help view and process images online these days. You can also google it and select one whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related work. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
    Arron