A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Multiple monitors, Menu only seen by controller's monitor?

Multiple monitors, Menu only seen by controller's monitor?

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an issue coming up with a solution to a request made by a customer today, and wonder if anyone could help me.

REQUEST: Create a projector (.EXE) application, which has a set of controls and a menu, and an area where the effects of these buttons are displayed. One button may bring up a video, one a table of information etc etc. The application is to be displayed on multiple monitors within a room, but only the 'controller' is to see the controls and menu, and so his button presses etc will not be seen by the audience watching the several other monitors.

I've been scratching my head over this for a while and am getting nowhere. Does anyone know of a solution to this?

Thanks

DW

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    I answered your post at ActionScript.org first but in case you miss that one...

Make two Flash apps (1) the controller and (2) the main app. They can easily communicate via local connection and you can launch one on the private monitor and one on the main display. No need to switch to AIR or buy a third party tool.
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

Thanks for your help, Northcode. I decided to go with the AIR solution.

yes i would also like to thank for it.

thanks