A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Phlearn

Phlearn

Just figured I would drop you guys a new resource to check out. I have definitely picked up quite a few little tips and keep learning how much I DON'T know photoshop.

www.phlearn.com
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I've been watching that for a while - a useful resource no doubt. They (the couple that do it) split up and the dude went through it all on phlearn - was quite painful to watch.

And that girl - properly tasty..

I've been following Aaron for YEARS. If anything he would be a good reality show or book. His photoshop skills have blown up over the years as well as his photography. But I have to say that he is the best when he is by himself(or his studio crew these days) when he is involved with a girl something is lacking. One thing is for sure is he teaches the girls he's with a lot about what he's learned. Granted they are creative to start with but I feel like he gave them that extra boost. I mean look at Rosie before/after they were together.

Especially when Phlearn was going on with Avery. He was definitely the brains and she was just there and added nothing other then maybe a bit of eye candy during the episodes.

Pretty excited to see what Phlearn 2.0 will hold and wish I could afford all the pro episodes.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

and I agree that the more personal episodes are very cringe worthy but I guess that is the appeal. He's real enough to share everything with the community. I liked the Kick Ass Eyes episode- even though in the end he's still just a dork and probably doesn't really swear that much haha

Also John I didn't realize that those model shots you had are from a Lara Jade workshop- how was that?

It's weird to see that almost all photographers to make a living have to teach a workshop in some form or another.

TBH The workshop was ok but didn't really learn that much stuff technically. Was good for the creative side of things though. Interesting use of light - used the modelling light loads rather than flash. It was a good oppo to get some creative shots and make the most of creative makeup and hair people - which really makes a difference.

Incredible to think how well she's done at her age. Giving training is a great way to make money - £400 per person for 1 day to a group of 10 people - do that a few days in a month and things are looking good.