A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] cool sites list

hey IFMP, yeah your suggestion about keeping the DB on f2s.com and putting the images on another server would work..yeah, but the trouble is actually getting someone who is with F2s.com. Another thing is actually getting the site up, what you saw (the design) is what Chuck(UpNorth) did. I believe that he is great at Cold Fusion. The design that he did was just a default thing that he came up with. I have a design, but haven't shown it yet (it's still in my head) and with the work load that I've got at the moment, it wont happen any time soon I'm afraid

I hate doing this, starting a project, and not completing it due to other commitments!

I've asked Chuck whether he wants to take over, but he's got a heap of work to do as well...8-8 has heaps of work too, as you said, someone else would need to get it on-line first, and I'm not sure about Karnak.

anyway. I guess I'll talk to ya l8er

i could start a F2s.com account but need to know what name i need to give it.... i could tell the guy making the coding and stuff the things he needs to know and he could upload it.....

it is just that i wanna be part of something BIG!! and i know that if i play my cards right that site will be very very very big!!!!!!!!

F2s.com support php only.... is that good or bad??

ps read what unorth says in here http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=103482
    [Edited by iForgotMyPassword on 02-23-2001 at 06:55 PM]

FK Board Loser
    Try 2000 links here is my bookmark page http://www.gearworx.com/Bookmarks.htm

resolved I`ll help

I offer my service to you chewman2k, and i would like to be on the panel of voting on pages, you can mail me from my webpage
    http://www.tiversen.com

tobba

Originally posted by *gearworx
    Try 2000 links here is my bookmark page http://www.gearworx.com/Bookmarks.htm
    cripes!!
    with a list that long even my site should be on it
    haha

once again i bring this to the top because i would not like to see a valuable list like this get lost!!!!!

i am still ready to cooperate on the site..

after my pink site is done i will see what i can do the get this going.....

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

ok people the workload is off quite a bit! i think that i can get back in the project!!! I just got icq so communications shouldnt be a prob again! Hosting shouldnt be a problem - If i do the coding and stuff id use coldfusion of course and i know a GOOD free coldfusion host! so dont worry about that.

the site would be similar in functionality to my very own Tutorial TOwn only with reviews, etc.

we need a name - and a design. I say we come up with a name first and then have a contest at fk to see who can come up with the best design!

let me know what you all think!

I say that the name be Inspiration Flash, or Inspirational Flash.

the design that I was going to come up with was kinda like funky bright colours such as Orange with some blue and a couple of other complimentary colours.
    The design though was going to be something simple, but catchy. There are so many 'simple' sites, but you end up being confused by where all the content is. If I have some spare time....and if my computer doesn't keep crashing, then I'll be able to show you guys my design. About asking ppl here on FK for designs, yeah...that could work. But I reckon that's all that they should do. I reckon we've got a pretty great team already, with you, IFMP, Karnak, Flash Man Dan, 8-8, and me. Most of us if not all know a good site from a crap one. The list that I complied was quite extensive, but there are some trashy sites there as well as sites from the actual members here, so they've gtg. If you want to discard a site, just email me and I'll give you the 'yes or no' to keep or not keep a site.

I still want to be 'leading' so to speak this project, but I just need someone in my place to 'fill-in' while I can't help.

talk to ya l8er

[Edited by chewman2k on 03-06-2001 at 01:04 AM]

ok see this was the right time to bring this back up.....

if we start talking job descritions... i guess i could be screenshot moderator..... i am ok going around taking screenshots of over 2500 sites but in my own pace... don't expect them all tommorow.. what we could do ...(to amke it easier is that if people want to upload a link they have to upload an image as well or the link won't get hosted..

that still leaves ope where to host the pictures.... if we are doing this on free hosts we need to get a place that hosts over 5000 images for free .because you guys have said it is possible to link the images to the database no matter what host they are on...

i remember seeing a great design made before by you guys.. one that looked professional enough... to be used

then about the links....people should be able to upload any link (flash only ofcourse) because there will be ratings and reviews on every one.... so that if a surfer goes he can choose what kind of site he or she is looking for...

a high profiles site to create a site for the surfer.. or a small site that does not look the best but still offers designs....(you know what i am trying to say....and we could do it that the lowerprofile sites do not get a screenshot.....

lets get the show on the road guys....

and about the design... would we really want to say....sit design by ....someone outside of the team.....??

i could start work on a design tommorow...... and put it up next week....

i do think that oranges and blues are the way to go

Hey i noticed you guys have been tlaking about this ALOT, well i can help you out an anyway that you want. I can be incharge of screen shots or better yet, voting on where the sites should be ranked. Ok well let me know on AIM or e-mail

AIM: swish e mart
    Email: swish420@home.com

Originally posted by iForgotMyPassword
    ok see this was the right time to bring this back up.....
    right on! I reckon we should ask Mark F. if we can start up our very own forum, just for us to talk about this Nah, j/k! He wouldn't let us do that

if we start talking job descritions... i guess i could be screenshot moderator..... i am ok going around taking screenshots of over 2500 sites but in my own pace... don't expect them all tommorow.. what we could do ...(to amke it easier is that if people want to upload a link they have to upload an image as well or the link won't get hosted..
    Yep! sure, anyway, you were to one who actually suggested it to me that we should create little pictures besides the site description. So yeah! You can 'have' that job kinda description. hummm...what other job descriptions would there be? I know that there would be Team Leader (and I think that I'm that one...but one that has kinda let down you guys! sorry peeps)
    The other ones would be, content manager/director, well we're all in that depo coz we're all reviewing each site...well at least that's what we should be doing

i remember seeing a great design made before by you guys.. one that looked professional enough... to be used
    Yep, you can still see that one here. That one we done by Chuck (UpNorth). He seems to be quite established in this area, but as good as it is, there are still quite a bit of sites that kinda look like that huh? well that's just my opinion. Not baggin it or anything, but I reckon we should create something that would kinda blow away ppl! I'm sure we all have our own idea of how it should look like, so why not email with your designs, and then I'll email the group and see which one you all like...how's that sound?

then about the links....people should be able to upload any link (flash only ofcourse) because there will be ratings and reviews on every one.... so that if a surfer goes he can choose what kind of site he or she is looking for...
    sorry, I'm not quite following on this one. What do you mean by this?

i do think that oranges and blues are the way to go
    I'll say! Sorry, but I'm a bit biased on my colours! at the moment, I'm kinda taking a liking to orange...I've always liked blue, but orange and blue go together anyway, so they've taken my 'fancy'!

I guess I'll talk to ya all l8er
    chewman

Most of us if not all know a good site from a crap one. The list that I complied was quite extensive, but there are some trashy sites there as well as sites from the actual members here, so they've gtg. If you want to discard a site, just email me and I'll give you the 'yes or no' to keep or not keep a site.
    i say people can put up any link (as long as it is in flash) and we will put it up.....

but the sites that are less profile or would potentially get lesser hits..... would not get a screenshot.....

that way people can browse EVERY FLASH SITE on the internet

we are going to rate them and write the odd review on them.....(maybe even give the visitor/webmaster to write a review..)

that way it is fair even for people that are not going to challenge 2advanced(to name a name) but are still offering webdesign or any type of business.....

these business sites could be put into subcategories!!

catch me now??

Originally posted by iForgotMyPassword

i say people can put up any link (as long as it is in flash) and we will put it up.....

but the sites that are less profile or would potentially get lesser hits..... would not get a screenshot.....

that way people can browse EVERY FLASH SITE on the internet

we are going to rate them and write the odd review on them.....(maybe even give the visitor/webmaster to write a review..)

that way it is fair even for people that are not going to challenge 2advanced(to name a name) but are still offering webdesign or any type of business.....

these business sites could be put into subcategories!!

catch me now??
    Yeah, I catcha.

One thing though. I reckon we should still put pics next to the review, but have a different section/category for such sites. I see you're point about having EVERY flash site on the net, though that would be hard to compile, as this 630+ list was and still has a couple of mistakes, but it would be great!

catcha l8er

ok. here's how we are going to do it..

pics next to every link? yep
    trash the trashy sites? yep. But before any are trashed, they should be reviewed by a few people so that personal taiste doesn't get in the way. One person might love the site, another will hate it. I hope the people reviewing these sites aren't too narrow minded about what they like and don't like. Some people only like techno sites with techno loops. Others only like wierd experimental stuff with wierd navigation. And some like only clean, crisp corporate design. What I'm getting at is that you have to have appreciation for all the styles out there. Especially if your reviewing these sites.

I also had an idea a while ago. Maybe have a button next to each link which says "Click here if you think this site is crap". Then that will filter out all the crap. Any sites which get alot of people wanting it deleted should go under review and deleted if necessary.

just my 2 cents..

orange and blue sounds pretty good

nosepilot

you spelt nosepilot wrong
    http://www.nosepilot.com
    but I'll forgive you, you must be tired after typing all that
    Coz

Re: nosepilot

Originally posted by cozmic
    you spelt nosepilot wrong
    http://www.nosepilot.com
    but I'll forgive you, you must be tired after typing all that
    Coz
    yeah I know about that one...I haven't yet amended it...I think someone else told me that on the first page. This was put up a couple of months back mind you, and IFMP brought it back to life

l8er

My Good Little Birdie

hey james i just got icq #110499184 lets talk about it on there - also ill see what I can do about anotherndesign. I do have a really nice one that I made that never got used. Dark blue on light blue I think. Very classy.
    [Edited by UpNorth on 03-06-2001 at 10:41 AM]

My Good Little Birdie

Check this

Here's my next try! Very innovational!!! Also quick loading!! I tried orange vs. yellow but it looked UGLY!!! also i dont intend on keeping the design in the main page but i am extremly tired so I didn't want to mess around before i had the ok that we were going to use the design.

Let me know what you all think!

ok i will make the logo..... the inspirational flash should have a spin in it.......... just a tiny hint of 3dism!!!!!!!

that would make it look cool!!! (but i will make it fastloading!!!!!