A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Irene.

Irene.

What I thought turned out to be a calm day for Boston turned into a real nightmare for Vermonters. The storm just missed us and then reformed into a massive beast.

The ground was already so saturated with water that there was insane flooding all around VT. The new multi million dollar fields that my college built just a few years ago are now under water(first day back at school was supposed to be today) and there was some really bad flooding in my moms basement. I have been following the local news feeds and friends FB's and the destruction is nothing like I have ever seen in VT especially so wide spread. Almost all the roads to the closest city to my moms have all been washed away.

Here are a few photos I've found around. Not sure if I directly post to FB videos you can all see them(let me know)

A whole house washed away
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2293807234932

Ludlow underwater
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeoDg...&feature=share

This bridge is usually 10' or so above the water level.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q41SfOAxO8

This is a main way through VT. This is the bridge on rt7 right before Rutland.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 08-29-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

So would this be considered very uncharacteristic weather for that area?
    I saw a bit on GMA today asking if the media had over-hyped the storm. I wonder if the US's ability to build sound structure has rendered the weather boring.

This amount of damage is definitely not normal. All the years I've lived there nothing close to this has ever happened. There is usually flooding in the spring but just small rivers/creeks over flowing into fields etc. These flash floods swept away whole house, ripped down A LOT of bridges/roads. The base lodge for Killington Mountain got ripped down...

Just talked to my mom earlier and there is only 1 back road into the city near them.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

This is the road up the to base of Killington. Crazy!

Video of a lot of the damage done around the state.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1tCdtoMzsU
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 08-29-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Yeah, but it's...well...just Vermont...
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

for some reason I want to photoshop bachmann crazy eyes on that last image.