A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash solution for iPad and iPhone?

Flash solution for iPad and iPhone?

I need my client's Flash filled webpages to show up on iPads and iPhones. The websites have been completed already. I know nothing about HTML 5 since I am just getting back into the game of online design. What are my options to allow Flash to show up in iPhones and iPads?

Thanks for your help.

Well the short and snarky answer is there are no options to allow Flash to show on iPads and iPhones. It doesn't support Flash at all.

The longer answer depends on what the Flash is and how important it is to the website experience. Anything key to the experience will have to be recreated in HTML and/or Javascript. A good way to do this is to detect whether your viewer has Flash and show them either the Flash movie or some fallback content. SWFObject is a good choice for this.

Another option would be to create a completely separate mobile version of the site. That may be a good option if the site is more Flash than HTML.

Quote Originally Posted by rdoyle720 View Post
    Another option would be to create a completely separate mobile version of the site. That may be a good option if the site is more Flash than HTML.
    Im just lurking in here, but i must say. That was one Brilliant reply!

+1 Kudos

(Crap this site does not do kudos or thanks lol)
    How can you say so much, but say so little?