A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need help removing a slide/popup box

Need help removing a slide/popup box

On my website

http://nhbpropertymaintenance.com/

when you click on a picture on the home page, a bigger image shows on, when u scroll over it a black box slides out from the side. how do i prevent that from sliding when you scroll over the picture?

I am using a pre-made template.

thanks for your help

post the .fla in order to get help on this.

heres the source code to the flash files:

http://hulkshare.com/59qmew8pfbqc

virustotal check:

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/...845-1317230010

Im new to flash, mainly do html. This is for work and would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help. Thanks.

please anyone?

Okay, so I took the time to actually go through the whole FLA File...

Just open your Library (CTRL+L), open the MovieClip Folder and delete sprite 135, which basically is the movieclip that slides from the right!

Hope it helps
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

@Nig 13: I don't think a template maker did a mistake to place a useless Sprite in library. Before releasing a template the developer or the developer team have gone through a thorough test of that product. So by deleting a Sprite of a template might not be a wise step to avoid any problem. Even if it will developed in AS2. There might not be any compiler Error in this template was developed in AS2. To disable the feature to have to stop initiating the function which brings that in front. You might getting what I want to say.

@xzmk07: I visited your site which is the first link of your thread. But I am not able to notice any black box slided out from anywhere. Either if you are talking about the info of the image that slides-in which has some text and a ReadMore Button, then I should recommend you to contact with that developer, or you can post the code of the timeline as well as the classes if any.

This is more faster method to look in at a glance how your code is constructed. And if someone wants to help you he/she can ask for the source if needed.

BTW: Do you know in which version of ActionScript the template is? If you know it should always better to post a thread in that particular section.

Best of luck

poltuda
    Last edited by poltuda; 10-05-2011 at 08:28 AM.

@poltuda: The good part about this template, is that it doesn't have any classes, everything is inside one FLA file, and thus deleting the sprite from the Library solves the problem

I downloaded the RAR file, and tried alot of stuff, and deleting that sprite removed the black box with the READ MORE info
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

@Nig 13: It sense that the template is in AS2. So there must be the code inside that MovieClip. You might notice that, if that Sprite appear on stage there must be a code that make it appear. If you disable that code:

attachMovie("targetSprite","newSprite",depth,{_x:x Position,_y:yPosition});

Or if the MovieClip has that Sprite manually then you have to delete from that and keep it remain in the library for future use(looks a better idea indeed). I am not a big fan of dumping useless assets in library. But if that even be in the library, in the compile time flash will not include if it has no use in the entire movie. This might be wrong and someone can prove that, which actually appropriate in use of classes. But we used external library if a main swf loads external swfs and those swfs will use the assets of main library, which the main swf never use in his part. We faced trouble to use assets from the sub-swf if the main swf doesn't has any use of its own. Might this is only for our cases. So, if this is true then that should work and reduce the file size.

Regards

poltuda

thank you guys so much! fixed the problem