A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Land of the Lost aka Terra Nova

Land of the Lost aka Terra Nova

Had a chance to watch the premier. How is it that I can dislike a show with so much cool factor? I guess I'm just way over the types of things the producers consider neat. So many times I'd be watching a scene with crisp clean expensive production value and all I could think was "cookie cutter". There's always a little girl named "Zoe", always a female super-doctor, always a dickwad teenage boy who gets into trouble, always a seemingly nice leader with an ulterior motive, always a game of chicken with dinosaurs and always always always an over-engineered subdermal tracking chip that for some reason needs to waste power on a flashing red diode and a speaker that beeps.
    Of course I'll watch because hey, its fricken wormholes!

Doesnt make sense.

I have a hard time watching and enjoying time travel related movies that dont make any sense.

For instance, all these people are going back to save the world that they ruined, but as we all know people(homo sapiens) didn't exist during the time of dinos.

Thus what's happening is your in fact speeding up the process in which the world is going to end. Whats more Dinos were wiped out mostly during the ice age, so the fact that so many are present in this show tends to lead the viewer to believe that the ice age has in fact not happened as of yet. This means that when it DOES happen, the vast majority of them are going to die.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Never thought of the sped up destruction. Good point.
    There's a chance they are planning on being prepared for an ice age, remember this stuff happened over millions of years.

They claim its a parallel timeline but at the end, suggest that its the same. If it were, that probe would have been found, worshiped and hung on a cross to the point where there would be a different future by now.

I just couldn't get into the previews enough to watch it. I will say it's funny when we turn on the blinders for our favorite shows. I've been re-watching Babylon 5. They hung lanterns left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frets View Post
    I've been re-watching Babylon 5. They hung lanterns left and right.
    Proud of you but I don't get the lanterns comment.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    Never thought of the sped up destruction. Good point.
    There's a chance they are planning on being prepared for an ice age, remember this stuff happened over millions of years.

They claim its a parallel timeline but at the end, suggest that its the same. If it were, that probe would have been found, worshiped and hung on a cross to the point where there would be a different future by now.
    If im going to watch a tv show about futuristic humans traveling through time to live amongst dinos, im going to watch dinoriders.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

hanging a lantern also know as lampshade hanging. is the writers' trick of dealing with any element of the story that threatens the audience's willing suspension of disbelief — whether a very implausible plot development, or a particularly blatant use of a trope — by calling attention to it... and then moving on

Here are some classics
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...g/LiveActionTV

Oh ok, I've always appreciated self awareness. JMS is an awesome writer.

I agree.

How far are you in? The last half of season 3 and the first half of season 4 are some of my favorite in all of story telling. Hence my FK name.

I just got done watching No surrender, No Retreat. Season 4 episode 15

The 5th season is just plain freaky for me. It's like they though they were cancelled, wrapped it all up in season 4 and then wb told em to make another season too late. I'm stil going to watch it as they have some great moments (the Lenier betrayal for example)

Yeah the story was jacked by the networks. JMS wrote the whole 5 arch before even the pilot went into production. It started out on PTEN which was some WB late night rock block. It failed and TNT saved it from death. Each season was a struggle to get renewed so JMS never knew if it was going to get picked up again. It looked extremely dim for a season 5 so he crammed it into the end of 4 which is why 5 feels so much like an after thought. The story of the station is ironically an allegory for the show itself.