A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Wall Street

I am all for protest and assembly, but now there's all of these 'brutality' claims and videos being posted all over the place which do nothing but degrade the value that these people have spent the last several weeks developing. The only 'brutality' I've seen in them is when someone who is getting arrested starts screaming and flailing like a mental patient.

Make noise, plant your camps, make your thoughts be heard...but be peaceful people. Please.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

I think I'm going to attend this weekend. I love a good protest and since I'm against police brutality and union busting, and I'm sick to DEATH of the laughable income inequality, corporate greed, and corruption that plagues this planet, what the heck, should be fun. All though the list of demands by the rather weak leadership of the group is a little ridiculous.

I agree that protesters should be peaceful and respectful of the law. Of what I've seen both "some police" and "some protesters" have crossed the line. It is my hope that all parties demonstate restraint and respect. It is too easy for an agitator on either side of the line to throw a match into the powder keg.

They should have all been wearing khakis and polos as well as being peaceful in their protests.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Heh. What do you expect from a US protest started by Canadians?
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf