A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [URGENT]Simple importing swf doubt

Question [URGENT]Simple importing swf doubt

Hi,
    I have a .swf of a keyboard i want to import into a interface i'm building, but when i try to go Import>File to Library and select the file it does nothing. Nothing appears in the library.
    Am i trying to import the swf file the wrong way? If i am, can anyone help me out?
    Please, i'm really a newbie in flash and need your help. :S
    Thanks in advance

You don't attach a SWF into a Flash file like that, you have to do it with Actionscript

ACTIONSCRIPT 2 CODE:

Make an empty movieclip, by drawing a rectangle, clicking on it, pressing F8, choosing MovieClip, pressing OK, entering the movieclip by double-clicking it, removing the rectangle and getting out of the movieclip (lol, worst sentence ever)! Now, click on this empty movieclip, should be a small circle, open Properties Panel (CTRL+F3), and in the textfield labeled Instance, type, swf_container. Now, click on your Frame, press F9 to open Actions Panel, and type this in there, and make sure the Flash file you will be loading the SWF into, are in the same folder:

Actionscript Code:
    swf_container.loadMovie("keyboard.swf");
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Thank you for the answer. I did that and it loads the swf, but it only loads the text box, and not the keys. Also, how do i resize the swf inside the movie clip?

I attached the files, the version of the keyboard is not final as i'm still working on adapting it to what i want it to do. :P
    What i wanted to do is importing the keyboard to the keyboard layer of frame 4 of the .fla inside the rectangle. Can anyone explain me how do i do it?

Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files