A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Login Issues

Login Issues

I have created a login image with what I want it to look like, but what I want it to do is register the "email" and "password" with the php script and the submit button to obviously run the script to look in the MySQL db to ensure it is correct. My main issue is with the scripting in the .as file (3.0) and the php issue. I do not know if I need to upload what I have, code wise and maybe take a SS of the layers I have, but it goes, back, email (includes the text space and the written email portion), password (same as email), submit_button, and then log in which is just a text. I did test the linkage with the .fla to the .as but still SOOO lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to follow this tutorial with no success and my professor bailed on me so I am coming to you.

What I am looking for is to have the image look like the login, email/password, forgot password, register and then if the user is logged in, it just says, "Hello $alias" or whatever. Haven't made it that far obviously.

Instead of having the image vertical, I have it horizontal.

P.S. - This is my first intense flash project ever, the only other thing I have done is made a few intros to a web site a few years back but people tend to forget things. Also, I would rate my PHP/MySQL skills as a 7/10.

Hi,

the tutorial does not look bad... Where exactly did you get stuck?
    Have you set up your own php / mysql server or uploaded to a webspace? Note that for testing a swf on localhost, with the php on a public server, you will likely need to put a crossdomain.xml file on the webserver to make it work.

This is not needed to make it work, but worth considering for any "production code" (i.e. code on a public server): a few years ago, most php servers where configured to automatically escape certain characters by adding backslashes. Today, this is less likely. You should take care - in the php script - that some characters (e.g. a simple singe quote) are either filtered or escaped before going into the sql string

Musicman