A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swf to html5 converter

Super Moderator

swf to html5 converter

You can even upload your swf file and convert it. Pretty nice!

shrug, I don't get it, from what I can tell it's for animations only.
    HTML5 hype is getting old for me, there is not one real IDE for RIA that outputs HTML5 code that is complete as Koolmoves is for Flash output, when I've done anything in HMTL5 I have flashbacks to coding Javascript (which lets face it is what the whole HTML5 thing is) in notepad, clunky and hard to follow code.

Super Moderator
    I don't think we would be talking about Html5 if mobile devices supported the Flash plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    I don't think we would be talking about Html5 if mobile devices supported the Flash plugin.
    Couldn't agree more. Flash still has more features and is even more efficient then html5, even on a Mac.

Here's an example. I have a Macbook Air that's only a Intel 1.4g Duo 2 with 2GB of ram. There's only 3 things that have made my cpu fan kick on high enough where I can here it. Those are Silverlight, HTML5, and The Sims Medieval. Otherwise, the Macbook is dead silent. So that just goes to show what is really battery, cpu and memory efficient for laptops or mobile devices for that matter.

Flash games, 1080p flash video run great and I never hear a whisper. I can't even do Silverlight in HD without stuttering. Damn Netflix! Also, never had any flash issues like Steve Jobs always complained about.

Anyway, it would be nice if flash was ported to mobile devices. Adobe shouldn't have given in so quickly.
    Last edited by FLASHPULSE; 11-30-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    sadly enough, it limits Input files to 1 Meg.

;-(