dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Non text passwords

Non text passwords

Hello folks,

I am about to undertake a pretty big project and just looking to bounce some ideas around and maybe get pointed to some good resources.

I am tasked with building an elearning package for children 5-7 obviously the age group presents alot of problems.

Now this application will include a means of recording the childs progress and unfortunately that means using a database, I have had a good look into it and I'm thinking the best route would be connecting to mySQL with PHP. Now I think I would be relatively OK with that however this presents other issues. Each user will need some means of logging in however young children are very poor at remembering passwords/usernames.

So I need some alternative method of authentication, at that age the child will be able to write their full name so I can use that as the username at this point (only prototype!) however I need an alternative to a password that I can implement in FLash/actionscript 3 and be somehow held in the DB. Now it doesnt need to be super secure. Perhaps something with images (Which children remember much better).

Any ideas are very welcome

Stupid title

Just read the title and realised it contradicts itself

Perhaps alternative to passwords would make more sense ha

I'm pretty sure you already answered your own question. Just prompt them to enter their full name and retrieve the progress associated with that name.