A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koolmoves html 5 - How to.....

Exclamation Koolmoves html 5 - How to.....

Dear collegue users and dear developers of Koolmoves.
    I always worked with the excellent koolmoves, but my clients ask compatibility with their smartphones and tablets and....html5.
    Flash will vanish in future.
    I have tried to make an easy animation but now it's quite different when I switch to html5 for mobile devices.
    Is there a manual? Has anybody experience? Or must I use the Google html5 converter?
    Please help !

Super Moderator
    I suggest trying the google html5 converter.

Look at "export to html5" in the koolmoves help to see what is not supported from a previously created flash animation.

no HTML5 rendering for button states?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    I suggest trying the google html5 converter.

Look at "export to html5" in the koolmoves help to see what is not supported from a previously created flash animation.
    I am in the same situation than the OP.
    My customer has got an iPad and asks why he can't se his website.

The Google HTML 5 converter limits Input files to 1meg.

I tried "export to html5" in the current 8.2.0 demo.

I created a button with 3 states (just change text color).
    That did not render in HTML5 with IE9, nor with Chrome.
    Another try with 3 pictures were more successful.
    Last edited by rin67630; 12-10-2011 at 07:30 AM. Reason: got more examples

Super Moderator
    Email me the html file with 3 state button that doesn't display in IE9 (to support at koolmoves dot com)

HTML5 embed movies

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post

Call me stupid, but i could not figure out how to embed a .mp4 movie in the HTML5 configuration.

(i was surprised to see that flash displays .MP4 as well as .FLV) so I hope to have to encode ony one version)

Super Moderator
    There is no way currently because as I understand the situation standards for video (and a lot of other things) have not been solidified for Html5.

As I said there really isn't a good IDE for doing interactive HTML5, All I've seen is animation which frankly is not what I use flash for.

I was able to build a multistate HTML5 button in Koolmoves, Switch the the HTML5 interface, add a shape to the stage, then in the properties toggle is button to true then add the states.

Quote Originally Posted by blanius View Post
    I was able to build a multistate HTML5 button in Koolmoves, Switch the the HTML5 interface, add a shape to the stage, then in the properties toggle is button to true then add the states.
    The HTML5 multistate button is not a problem (with pictures) I just pointed out a small bug in the handling of text colors with states, no showstopper.

I however really miss the video output from Koolmoves.
    HTML5 is the only way to access the iCrap sect, which has got millions of adapts. Hate it or not, it is a fact.
    For them (and yet only for them*) I need H.264 video (and no other format), for all others the flash version will do. Better.

*even if Metro will not support Flash either, they will support H.264, so where is the valid reason not to provide video?

RIN67630

If you don't need the player inside your KM project and are happy if it is somewhere else on your html page, you might want to look at one of these players ...
    http://videojs.com/
    http://www.protofunc.com/jme/

Quote Originally Posted by w.brants View Post
    If you don't need the player inside your KM project ...
    I'm affraid I need it inside the KM project (more precisely inside a button state).
    I am currently trying to cook some example cutting and pasting KM generated code with code cut from public HTML5 players.

IMHO a H-264 output only will be perfectly fine, that code must address only the iCrap devices. The others will see a -much better- Flash coded site.

In the worst case I will generate the code with placeholder pictures and post-process the file with a text editor macro.

I would however find it much better, if KM would generate a least the H-264 code dierectly, which should really not be a huge effort.

RIN67630

H.264 is only supported by a few browsers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5_video

That's the biggest problem with HTML5 video. There's still not a single video codec that is supported by all browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by w.brants View Post
    H.264 is only supported by a few browsers
    That's the biggest problem with HTML5 video. There's still not a single video codec that is supported by all browsers.
    I am affraid we don't understand each other.

Currently iOS devices cannot display Flash.
    All other browsers (yet) can and will get Flash.

So the only yet unsolved problem is to deliver HTML5 video content to iOS devices, which all support H.264 (mp4)
    So generating H.264 video code is perfectly sufficient.

Regards
    RIN67630

Hello friends,
    I thought I was the only one racking my brain on this one as I also was building an interactive flash animation using rendered animations from a 3D Modeling software, using buttons to go through the 3D Model.

After giving my client a demo, he said that it was too bad that he won't be able to see it on an ipod...Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer, I'm a 3D Modeler, Animator, etc, my quote for the project was estimated considering having flash as the final product, but I still want to solve this problem in the future, and I've devoted many many many hours of my own time trying to figure out how to create an interactive animation using html5.

I'm just hoping that, rin, when you figure out your post processing, would you post whether you were successful or not?

I think what you mean is that instead of using movie files in your html5, you're going to use, like, an image. Then when you generate the html5 file from KoolMoves, you'll use an html editor to go in and exchange the "img" html with "movie" html...is that right?

Super Moderator
    It is not that simple. Besides, Wilbert has brought up the strong point that there is no wide-spread support for html5 video among web browsers --

Html5 was hypped before all the pieces were in place.

Bob, thanks for both your forum post and your email. I wanted to post a link to a web-page where I have a couple flash interactive movies, one being made with KoolMoves, one not made with KoolMoves, but that's not the point.

Here's a couple very rough demo flash presentations, still working on the animations, as well as the buttons, resolution not final, etc:
    http://www.brianheagney.com/q-matic/

At this point, KoolMoves obviously cannot create an html5 scenario that can replicate either animation.

I also cannot get Google's Swiffy to convert the .swf to a working html5. Although from my experience, it wasn't necessrily because it limited the number of movie files, but because it wouldn't recognize my movie files, even though I took the time to convert them to an H.264 file...

I also used a full featured Adobe Flash to create a similar flash presentation, and used Adobe's Wallaby to convert, but that also did a messed up conversion, that really looked nothing like my original, also without any video.

So I guess my question is, How the hell do people make interactive presentations from 3D Animations, for Apple products to view? Is it possible? It must be right? Do I really have to be an ultra programmer to do this?

I'm asking here because so far, in the last two months, this is the only place that I've seen someone with the same question...It's like either no one else is doing this, or no one else is struggling with this.

Rin, if you want, please try to contact me (go to my contact page from the link I included here), I'd love to hear your thoughts about this. None of my other contacts seem to know or care what the solution is.

Brian, here's the deal. I feel your pain really

What you want can be done but there really isn't a simple way, it really requires a lot of hand coded work...

I found this:
    http://evelyn-interactive.searchingforabby.com/

Which uses some of what you want to do. After poking around in the source code of that page I found that that person is using a Javascript framework called Dojo http://dojotoolkit.org/

Perhaps that will get you going.

Super Moderator
    As soon as Wilbert sees decent browser support for html5 video, we will implement it.

That's great Bob. You are right to wait. Frankly I'm impressed with how much html5 animation you support already.

Super Moderator
    Wilbert deserves all the credit.