A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: (CS4, AS2) ComboBox & Dynamic Text

(CS4, AS2) ComboBox & Dynamic Text

Hi all, I'm making sort of a quiz/questionairre and I need help displaying value from a ComboBox in a dynamic text field. So on one frame there is a question with a ComboBox next to it (instance name: Q1) then on the next frame there is writing like "You answered:" then a dynamic text box (instance name: Q1r). I need the option/value clicked in the ComboBox to display in the dynamic text box in the next frame. How do I achieve this? It's so so simple but I can't remember it and searching on Google & YouTube seems to be futile. Can anyone take the time to help me? It would be very much appreciated!

1.) when you move to a new frame.. all previous data/code is gone/lost...

this is why many people suggest nesting or creating a movieClip on the MAIN timeline to switch back from frame 1 (combobox) to frame 2 (answer field).. and NOT do this on the MAIN timeline.. (leaving your MAIN timeline only 1 frame long)

if you keep your code on the MAIN timeline.. and use the code there to control your child movieClip (made of your 2 frames).. you can ALWAYS access the code and variables on the _parent or MAIN timeline.. no matter what frame your child clip is on.

If you understand this part so far.. the rest is EASY PEASY!... and I'll write a quick example for you.. =)

let me know

take care