A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: online teaching resource, not exactly flash related!

online teaching resource, not exactly flash related!

Hi People,
    I haven't been here for a while but as a resource of excellent ideas I am back to ask something that I feel you guys would know about.
    I am a teacher thinking of going self employed and I want to set up an online business charging for access to resources I create myself online to any students that would be interested.
    I can figure out how to set up password protected areas on my website where access is given when payment is made.
    Of course this is for a limited period, say a week and then the password would automatically and randomly change.
    I would give the password to those that had paid for access for the agreed period for access.
    As I aim to have more than one person at a time, this needs to be self regulating. Is this at all possible?
    Or how can this done otherwise?
    Thank you in advance!
    Shafattack.

@Shafattack: What you exactly want to know about? Is it about how to setup a website as per your requirement? Or, will this online business bring success to you?

Any of the answer is possible. And depend on how you do the marketing side of your site. This is necessary to make a open forum where every user’s can discuss with there problems and other interests on that particular subject, where you can give solutions periodically. You might consider a live online class for the active users.

You also have to develop your teaching materials as per standard learning stuffs. It not meant that your stuff will not extend beyond that. But it obviously meets the minimum standard.

marlopax

I would say: 'yes' this can be self-regulating to a point.

At some point there needs to be some sort of 'data entry'..

the person who paid/signed-up..etc..

as well as the DATE they signed up and the subscription plan (length of time they can access content)

from that point on..its a simple check each time the person logs-in....
    are they 'approved' to see the content?? if yes.. check to see for how much longer? if last day or overdue.. no access...

http://www.ehow.com/info_12165387_pa...g-content.html
    Examples include NeedSecure, HTML Password Lock and 123-Protect

This type of thing...

Has anyone any experience of using this?

Thank you!
    Shafattack.