A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Word Game

Word Game

Hello,

I am planning on making a game that basically checks if you have put the word in the correct place. I will be using verbs, nouns for example, so there will be two targets that will always be on screen.

My question is, what is the best way to generate the words?
    I have played with putting words into a single movieclip, 1 per frame, however would using arrays generating into a textField be a better option?

Basically will need the word to generate maybe on a click then the player can drag the word to the correct destination, this is where i am lost, i am quite new to as3, but have made stuff with the simple logic like, generate, collide and test if its correct then do something.

Any advice would be much appreciated, or any similar games you could recommend me to source.

Regards
    James

James,

Putting the words into an array seems a much better idea than putting them on frames in a movieClip. At some point you are going to check, I assume, that the word the player has chosen matches the correct one and better to do that by comparing the strings than any other way.

Can not really help because its a bit vague ... can you post what you have so far?

I have found a lot of help here, so I would like to 'pay back' - but need a bit more info

lizzy