A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Making Flash Games

Making Flash Games

Hello,

at this moment I have no knowledge at all about Flash (But I can use the tools). I use Adobe Flash CS 5.5 Professional. I'm aiming at making games, but I have no idea how. I'm eager to learn, but I could now find any basic tutorials which can help my way up to making games.

I would really like it if anyone could give me some good tutorials I can learn off .

Unless you are desperate to use Flash itself there are other products which make it easier to create Flash games.

Obviously our product, Opus Creator is one and there are several game tutorials on our site. Swish is another though I've not personally tried it for games - there is a Swish forum on this board if you want to ask there but obviously I think ours is easier

Best advice from years of experience on this - don't try to do too much to start with. Walk before you try to run and that doesn't mean it can't be a successful project. IMO the most successful Flash games are often simple ideas that have been really well done. If you try to overcook a Flash project it will be awkward to use and that will be an end of it.

I don't really want to use some lame program for making games. I want to do it the real way, by using flash. I know it will be hard and I can't just start right away, that's why I am asking if someone has some good tutorials for me which can help me.

I like making games in flash. I'm no expert but I can help you get started.

these tutorials really helped me when I first started messing with flash
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ga...-598/index.php
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ga...-610/index.php
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ga...-611/index.php

those are for actionscript 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by xweetok59 View Post
    I don't really want to use some lame program for making games. I want to do it the real way, by using flash. I know it will be hard and I can't just start right away, that's why I am asking if someone has some good tutorials for me which can help me.
    Actually the "real" way to make games is C++ and assembly language (perhaps Java if you want to do full blown Android apps) but we can't all be Peter Molyneux et al. Some of use recognise our limitations but can still make money.

I can see from your other posts you're prepared to put the effort in for a steep learning curve so I'll wish you every success and apologise for wasting your time with such lame advice.

Paul