A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: unity to flash: Shadow Demo

unity to flash: Shadow Demo

Exported this demo from unity to flash player for fun.
    Its an old unity demo, just wanted to see how well it works when running it in the flash player.

http://www.stimunation.com/previews/...lashShadowDemo

Nice

Apparently the Angry Bots demo has been made to work now too.

Squize.

Yeah, pretty cool =) Btw i´d like an Angry Bots Mod of Outpost =D
    I tried a few of my own games pushed through the flash exporter, good to see what all works and what doesn´t yet due to the flash exporting still being in beta. Bottomline so far is that a lot of what one can do in unity doesn´t work (properly) yet when put trough the flash exporter but stuff that works is quite amazing when you think about it running in flash player then.

Ha, yeah, first time I saw Angry Bots I thought "Oh hell, that's exactly how I'd want Outpost 3D to be"

The exporter is really impressive, and with it being Unity you know it's only going to get better. It's finally a way to make Unity for the web make money, which has always been the problem.

Squize.

Quote Originally Posted by Squize View Post
    Ha, yeah, first time I saw Angry Bots I thought "Oh hell, that's exactly how I'd want Outpost 3D to be"
    =) Do it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Squize View Post
    The exporter is really impressive, and with it being Unity you know it's only going to get better. It's finally a way to make Unity for the web make money, which has always been the problem.

Squize.
    Hm, dunno, i see it as a double edged sword: It´ll be cool for getting unity stuff out there on sites which totally only accept flash stuff but it´ll probably not be ideal in the short term for the penetration figures of the unity plugin itself (That could change over time though).
    And yeah, its also great for flash since, well, now Unreal and Unity allow flash in the desktop browser to stay interesting and evolving way more than it would with only Adobe (not really) pushing it (anymore but instead html5).
    And yeah, i agree with you, with the flash exporter coming from the UT fellas i´m way more positive about it becoming as good as it can be quickly than let´s say when Adobe did a to iOS app exporter for flash stuff
    (which is crazy, but well.. =) )

Yeah I know what you mean, the Unity team always deliver, whereas Adobe have "Ups and downs"

Squize.

haha, kind way to put it =)