A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need Help Exporting Boned Animation

Need Help Exporting Boned Animation

Hi,

I made an animation with bones (a man walking) and want to use it in other Flash videos. But I can't figure out how to export it.

I can't copy it's frames (It's an "Armature" layer). And If I make all the symbols into one symbol and transfer thru the library, the bones don't come across (though all the symbols do). But this doesn't bring over the animation anyway.

Any Help would be appreciated.

73 views and no takers. I would think i'm trying something standard. I've built my animation with bones which I want to use as a prototype in many other videos. There must be a way to do this without rebuilding your boned animation from scratch.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm still using Flash 8 (!), so this is my idea of a workaround. I'd strip all extraneous stuff from the animation, and save it as manWalking.fla or whatever. Then I'd import that file as the basis for other projects. I'd be amazed if you hadn't already thought of this, but I thought I'd say it anyway...

Thank you for answering goliard. I was beginning to give up hope. I imported the swf of the boned animation and that seems to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Thank you for answering goliard. I was beginning to give up hope. I imported the swf of the boned animation and that seems to work fine.
    Great. It's kind of a lame workaround, but if it does the job...!