A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [GAME] Rush Hour Plus

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar

[GAME] Rush Hour Plus

Hey ya'll! Been a million years since I've posted a new game. Today I'm presenting to you...

Rush Hour Plus!
    Play it at http://www.sokay.net/play/rush-hour-plus

This game was originally developed by my homie Christopher J. Rock a few years ago, he had developed it in a couple weeks after quitting his job. It had just been sitting on his harddrive so I jumped in to do additional development on it and polish a bit.

Check it out! Hope you like it.

nice man, love the graphics. Was never able to reach the weapon powerup, the damage is quite severe and my funds kept hitting $0. I made it to the first boss, but could never get passed cause my ship was all sucky.

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar
    Cool man, thanks for playing!

At the first shop, I usually get a health powerup and 2 speed ones. That'll get you fast enough to avoid a lot of trouble. If you can collect a bunch of cash and survive till the 2nd shop, you should be able to afford the weapon upgrade. The upgrade basically destroys everything in your path though. The boss is still a bit of a challenge with it.

Weird when a game starts to address you with your own name :S

Anyways, nice little game you got there Bryce. I liked the retro polish you got going. I did have an issue with (I suspect) the framerate, as I moved at very inconsistent speeds. When there were only a few objects on screen the game would speed up and be consistent until the next wave would show up. I don't know what technique you're using for rendering?