A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Custom Browser - Needs Wisdom

Custom Browser - Needs Wisdom

Hey guys... This one hurts my brain guys... This is where Im at?....

The reality is.. people are now becoming terrified of there browsers... Even the computer stupids understand.. the second they open it.. 1 of two things will happen....

1. at some point someone has taken information in someway while I was on here?.. and sent it who knows where?.. Not sure how we feel about that?...

and 2. Give us your money!.. Give us your money!.. Give us your money!...

: (....

So I want it to be as far away from a browser as possible.. but have the things it needs?... see demo pic or ie.skin....

BrowserDemoll.jpg

BrowserDemoll.zip
    (478kb)

Gimp name taken... changing to "Gimpy 551"..... : ).. May she work her way up the ranks.. lol....

I want to take the viewer on a safe relaxing adventure... Showing off what I think are some of the best parts.. as well as some basic pracial functions??

Anything Id be grateful.. ty
    Defy the boundaries!.. NEVER surrender to the code!!!.....

I think what you're saying is that you want to create your own browser to avoid the data-mining that goes on in other browsers. For the most part you can just disable javascript to prevent that. The rest is done as part of the page request which happens on servers, not in browsers.

You can probably get away with modifying webkit but staying compliant with the html5 spec at decent speeds is going to be hard.

Ty dude.. No interest in the above... just a browser thats more user friendly.... eg. how often do people really go into there "history"???... Computer stupids, if ever?.... So get rid of it!... while wheres the button to say "My Comp" so they can navigate to there photos to check before uploading?.... more these kind of things.......... Dump the old add the new...

Sounds teh awesome. Fk'n go for it. I've always thought that when you were looking at a page with paginated results, the browser should detect that and let you just use left and right arrows to navigate.

do you really think the world needs another browser?

I totally hear ya dude!... Its my point exactly!.... A browser was something designed 15+ years ago to help us all learn about & surf the web as we watched it being born.... That time has pasted...

When this animal is finished I dont want it to be called a browser EVER!.. nobody just browsers anymore.... So I want it to be a hole new tech with a hole new name... I want this "Wowser?" to feel that it wasnt made for browsering.. but that when you use it, its clear your on a mission from hell!.. lol....

Personally, Id rather live with the humiliation of calling it a GUI shell before ever calling it a browser!....
    Last edited by Back2012; 03-21-2012 at 07:30 PM.