A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Font causing flash crash on one machine only

Font causing flash crash on one machine only

Hi,

I have an issue whereby a new font (FFF Forward variant) installed on some machines works perfectly in flash (cs5.5) but on one machine causes an instant crash when the Type Tool is used.

I know the font is the core of the problem but am unsure why it works on some flash installations (same versions) and not others?

I have tried every conceivable way of uninstalling/installing the font (even cmd prompt and safe mode!)
    I have flushed preferences files (obv inc typesupport folder)
    I have re-installed flash!
    I have even tried copying the prefs files from one of the working installations to the troublesome machine.
    I have run font verification and repair tools (nexus font, font creator, font val, font doctor, font lab...)

No joy, still crashing

...And to remove the problem font, is not a viable solution. I need it to be working on the machine in question.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ptol

Font issue not resolved

Update,

I've discovered that in addition to the font working on other machines in all versions of cs...it also works on the problem machine in cs3, though still not in cs5 or cs5.5.

Anyone...?

There was a bug simular to this one in cs3.

Have you tried embedding the font?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

embedding

Whether or not the font is embedded, simply opening an FLA (that may or may not use said font), then selecting the Type Tool...crashes Flash

Reimage the entire machine.

Nuke and pave....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]