A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Converting flash to exe

Converting flash to exe

Hello everybody!
    How I can to convert my flash game to an executable file (.exe) ?
    Thanks.

If it uses Flash Player to run then it cannot be turned into an executable (I'm pretty sure). But if you switch the player to AIR, then you can create a .air file which is like an installer. It will install the game into a folder and then you will have an executable of the game.

Along with publishing to AIR, you can also do what is called publishing to a Windows and Mac Projector file.

In File > Publish Settings, you should see a number of check boxes. Down the bottom are the options "Win Projector" and "Mac Projector". Tick those, click "Publish" and then your file will be exported. The file size bumps up a few MB (I think it's about 1 or 2, can't check) as what it's doing is bundling the Flash player within your application, so even computers that don't have Flash can run it (which is handy if you made a presentation or something).

The projector runs much like your Flash file in the end. I don't know if it's good or bad practice to even make these projectors, but the option is there.