A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Menu Text does not show up!?!

Menu Text does not show up!?!

Ok, I am finding this problem to be infuriating. I can view my menu text just fine on my local machine (win7). But as soon as I upload it to godaddy(Linux) and go to the site, the menu should show at the top, starting from the left. The buttons still work and the animation show, just not the text. Should be white lettering. I have even gone as far to upload everything related to the site, to no avail. Been working on the for three days, about to give up and go with a different template. Here is the site www.weddinggalleries.net attached is a copy of the XML file, and of what the menu should look like (and does on my local machine) Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think the problem is internal, would you mind uploading your FLA file as well?
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

sure thing

I think its too big

To me this is sounding like it could be an embed fonts issue, but I'm not entirely certain because you said it's working on your computer, but not when you upload it.

Is the font you're using a generic font, or a downloaded one that not all machines would likely have? And how big is the file? You might be able to temporarily upload to a file host rather than as an attachment to this site if it's really that big.

For a quick file upload service, I use http://filesmelt.com/simple/basic, but there are plenty others you can use.

Its just tahoma I think, its fairly standard text. here is the .Fla http://filesmelt.com/dl/22865.fla

thanks for the link

It says the Font of the Dynamic Textfield for the menu is (DinC) System Default Font , and I think that's the problem. Simply change it to a common font like, Arial, Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, etc.

I changed it from DinC to Arial, still no difference

also you notice its not centered.. any clue how to fix that? changing from 800X600 had no positive effect

After changing it to Arial, click on Embed... button after selecting your Dynamic Text, and tick/check Uppercase, Lowercase, and press OK. See if that helps

clicked on embed characters, selected uppercase, published. uploaded, no change

After changing to Arial, notice that besides the Embed button, next to Style, it says Narrow, change it to Regular, then re-embed and try again. If that does not work, try creating your own text field, see if that works. Experiment, use trace and try everything that you can think of.

I must not be on the right screen then.. this is all I see...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey fbod383.. Mate 1 question first!... How much time have you spent with flash all up?.. how many versions etc... your work flow looks unusual for this kind of .fla..
    I would view it more like this?...

for faster access to objects and action script!...
    Defy the boundaries!.. NEVER surrender to the code!!!.....

To add.. Guys is that not just about the worst built fla youve ever seen!.. lol.. Actions on top?.. I love the 1 action on second line from top all by itself??... lol... my bad its a marker, still?.. and line 3 from top is what?...
    Last edited by Back2012; 04-12-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Its a template, and this is how I got it from template monster. I'm using Flash CS4

I know dude... not at all your fault!... Just a case of bad luck.. : (... 337+ layers to get it done come on???...

Which is why I wanted to know where your skill set was at... Ive been a beginner of flash for ten years.. that must make me the worlds slowest learner!.. lol... and I wouldnt touch this thing...

To ask others would be a little unfair... Id suggest you really try to find another template..

If your really determined to use this one.. then can I suggest you make it as easy as possible for the guys here!... Can you put everything flash + all or any extra files that came with it, all together in a zip for download...

Its also a bit of a no no to throw templates at a forum!.. its really the job of the site you got it from to help you with any issues... not having a go at you at all dude.. more just bringing you up to speed!.. : )

Luck!.. another template dude...

Yeah I tried using their help system. The online tech I talked was clueless. So I sent a help ticket.. and have heard nothing back. It's been over a week. I am about to can this template. Once I finish up some other HTML projects, I will probably go with an HTML for this one too.. mush easier! lol

@fbod383: From your screenshot, look below where it says Arial, it says, Bold, change Bold to Regular, and THEN embed characters, and retry, because for some reason, at least in Flash 8, embedding Bold Characters makes the text disappear, but hopefully this should work

@Back2012: I know it's not the prettiest Flash, but large projects are subject to become messy like that, it's inevitable. Despite the timeline, usually, TemplateMonster's coding is very well scripted, and their layouts and graphics awestruck you, so I wouldn't really complain about the timeline

Didnt make any difference. I give up