A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Saving textfield input

Saving textfield input

Hey,all.

I'll explain a little before asking my question ... I've created numerous games which load and unload off a main menu.

The player enters their name on the main menu before playing any games and when the player completes a game I want to save their time (taken to complete the game) and unload this time back into the main menu.

Is there any way of saving the times using AS3 to a word document or something like this? I can't send the times to my website with php because the games will be used within a competition and it all needs to work with the internet.

Any ideas guys?

Are the games and the main menu all one big swf? Or is the main menu its own swf and the games their own separate swfs and the main menu loads the games in externally using the Loader class? Or is the main menu something else??

If they are all one swf you just could pass a variable back to the main menu...
    If you're using Loaders I'm pretty sure you can still do the same as above but I have no experience with this method.