A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New to flash AS 3.0....Plz HELP

New to flash AS 3.0....Plz HELP

I want to move my control from seq_q label to win label so that it can gotAndStop at finish label.

but I am encountering the error

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at kbc4_fla::MainTimeline/kbc2()

But trace statement is working...
    Attached print screen files here.

PLEASE HELP...and please also tell if any other good method of passing controls is there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (266.3 KB, 26 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (141.1 KB, 68 views)

I've looked at the screenshots, but I'm not fully sure what the problem is still. I know what the error message is, and it's generally not a hard thing to fix. According to your error, this problem occurs in the kbc2() function, so somewhere in there is your problem.

If you press Ctrl+Shift+Enter, you can enter Flash's debug mode, which sometimes actually points you to the exact line where the error occurs. This might help you out in figuring out what's throwing the error.

I might need the source files to try and help out myself though, but hopefully you can fix it yourself.

I have found it.The error was in kbc2() only.Actually I made a gotoAndStop statement in it which I should have made at the end in kbc2() method.
    Thanks for the help.

Glad to hear you solved it! It's always the simple things that can get overlooked that seem to cause problems (from my past experiences, anyway, hah)

Actually I am new to AS 3 or should I say new to programming.But I have determined myself to learn it of my own.Rite now I am facing many small problems.I hope you all here will help me to sort them out.Thankyou