A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Hey there!

Im planning to create my own portfolio website soon. I made the desicion to create this with actionscript, fully. I was wondering what the best wat was to do it as you can do it in many ways. My goal is to use lots of jpgs or vectors from illustrator. Choosing to combine FlashDevelop(i work in that ide) with adobe flash, or load all the images out of the xml? What is the best option?

I would want to make it as easy to change the content as possible. It would be really really annoying to have to open up Flash, make a change, then compile it just to make one little change. My portfolio uses HTML but almost all the content is stored in an XML file. I chose this because I don't want to browse through files and folders to search for the file in which the content I want to edit is.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Five555 View Post
    I would want to make it as easy to change the content as possible. It would be really really annoying to have to open up Flash, make a change, then compile it just to make one little change. My portfolio uses HTML but almost all the content is stored in an XML file. I chose this because I don't want to browse through files and folders to search for the file in which the content I want to edit is.
    So you are saying that I should use flash partly, and keeo the content for html?

No that's not what I meant. I was just saying my portfolio is HTML instead of Flash. The point I was trying to get across was about XML. For me having everything in one XML file makes changing content really easy because that's the only file I need to edit. Flash can also use XML files so that might be an option. I'm sure there are other ways to go about this but I don't know any.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Five555 View Post
    No that's not what I meant. I was just saying my portfolio is HTML instead of Flash. The point I was trying to get across was about XML. For me having everything in one XML file makes changing content really easy because that's the only file I need to edit. Flash can also use XML files so that might be an option. I'm sure there are other ways to go about this but I don't know any.

Thanks. Then i'll be using XML.