A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: convert scene to movie clip...

convert scene to movie clip...

Hi, I'm created a game as a school project and I'm just puttign a preloader on it, but the preloader doesn't seem to work for the game, however it works for test movies. I tried importing the swf into a new movie but the actions were missing so it didn't work. Is there a way of putting the whole thing into a movie clip as if I'd created a new clip on the first frame and developed it from there?

i.e. I need to get my 360 frame long movie into a single frame without losing my actionscripts.

AFX == P. Forsberg

highlight all frames

If I understand correctly, you should highlight all the frames in your scene (every layer). Edit/ copy frames. Then New Symbol and paste. Delete all the layers/ frame on the _root timeline, then drag the new sybol from the library on to the stage.

Good luck,
    1M.

Thankyou, that got the movie in 1 frame. The game doesn't seem to work now but all the actions are there, I'll figure it out I'm sure.

I just figured out what's wrong, I'm using a custom cursor, it's set to autodrag _root.maincursor...I only want the custom cursor in the actual game, the game is within the movie clip 'main' now, what would my cursor be referenced as now? _root.main.maincursor doesn't work.

AFX == P. Forsberg

instance

Are you sure you named the instance of the movie clip? Target path references instance names not symbol names. Make sure the instance name is "main" in the movie clip properties window.

That should do it.
    Good Luck,
    1M.

Thanks

Although this is an old thread it was nice & simple explanation of how to create a movie from scenes.