A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Adding Youtube clips like they show in the Youtube homepage?

Adding Youtube clips like they show in the Youtube homepage?

Well, I have my actionscript 2 website even though I'm using Adobe CS4 (now moved on CS5 but haven't used it yet).

What I actually want to do is... when you visit the Youtube homepage right? Don't you see small icons that link to the latest Youtube videos and you click em and take you directly to the specific video?

I don't want to go into getting the latest Youtube videos. What I want, is to link to certain videos that I choose. But instead of having to take a screenshot of the video's thubnail and put it in my flash site, I want to use some sort of script that will get that info directly from Youtube, then I can choose my own small size of image to display (cause I want to add many videos on the same page), and when clicking on each thubnail, to go straight to the specific video.

Basically, exactly the same kind of links that are on Youtube, but selected videos that I choose, and to be able to specify the image/thubnail size. And yeah, if I could get the info of the author posted that way, it would be awesome too

Possible?
    Last edited by Jessica M; 04-11-2012 at 09:59 AM.

May be possible, but that would be hard as you would then need to find a pattern in YouTube's videos, in order to find an appropriate algorithm to implement your Flash project, to make it automatically do what you want, but yeah, that'd be pretty complicated!
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

So stick to screenshots and manual linking?

Yup
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS