LetterSpacing does not work!
I've made a test program to see how letterspacing works.
It has a textfield and a button. When the button is clicked, it's supposed to increase the letterspacing of the text in the textfield. But I don't see that happening.
Check it out in the attachment.
Why it doesn't work?
What can I do?
(I use Flash 8)
Last edited by panoss; 04-17-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Ok, I replaced the dynamic creation of the textField, with a 'normal' created on the stage and named it "mytext".
Then, i embeded "Basic Latin" (using button 'Embed').
It works now.
So the problem had to do with the fonts.
But I don't knv which fonts shoul I embed, and if I choose 'All', the application will become too 'heavy'.
Now another problem appeared!!
When I turn some text in the text field to bold, it dissappears! When i turn it back to normal (non bold), it appears again!
Embeding fonts to textfield, caused this problem.
One problem gets solved, another appears!! ENDLESS!
Can I do something to resolve it?
embed the bold one too, embed almost any font you use really.
it needs to be done for any variation of the same font as far as i'm aware.
I embeded All(39477 glyphs) but does not work! Unfortunatelly!
change your flash player publish settings to flash player 9 and hey presto
That's impossible, I use Flash 8. I can change it to 7, 6, 5 etc, but not 9.
Originally Posted by fruitbeard
Anyway, I opened it in my browser which has flash player 11 something, and works the same way .
that's because it needs to be published with flash player 9 and up compatibility.
Finally, it had to do with font embeding.
I found the solution here.
Thank you all for your help.
Now, I need to make the line-spacing, I hope it won't take me another 48 hours !
Last edited by panoss; 04-19-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Prid - Outing
NOTE: I had this tab open since yesterday, and replied today, only to find that you had already solved your problem, but I'll post it anyways xD
I opened your FLA file and it worked perfectly. Besides, you can't embed fonts using the Embed... button in Properties Panel, when creating text fields with ActionScript, you have to embed a font in your Library. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Open your Library [CTRL+L]
2. Right next to where it says Library in the Library window's tab, next to it, there should be a Menu Icon:
Click on it, and then press on New Font...
3. Choose the Font you want to embed, and give it a random name (this one doesn't count), but if you check on Bold, then you'll only embed the Bold size of the Font, in other words, you can't embed both Bold and Regular Font together. Press OK when done.
4. Once your Font is created in your Library, Right-click it, and press Linkage...
5. Tick/Check Export for ActionScript, and then in the Identifier text field, type in something unique, like for instance, My Font, or something
Press OK when done
6. Now, add this code after the first line, like, after creating your dynamic text field:
textFormat = new TextFormat();
textFormat.font = "My Font";
mytext.embedFonts = true;
Hope this helps
I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P
BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
Poll by Flashkit.com