A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scoring-api vs sponsorship

Question scoring-api vs sponsorship

Hi,

my game is almost finished but there is a (big?) problem:

At its current state my game uses mochileaderboards (mochi's scoring system) for displaying a highscore list. I didn't upload the game yet so the highscore list just shows crap because I just wanted to test if it works with my code. So far so good.

Now I read that when I want to upload it to sponsors I have to remove ANY mochi-api or other similar stuff because sponsors don't want to see any different logo except theirs.

But when I remove the scoring-system shall I remove the appropriate scoring-interface (score, submit, etc) as well? I just ask because without the scoring-system IMHO the game's interface looks a little bit boring.

Are there any other scoring api's available that I can use even when I submit it to sponsors so they don't get any crisis when they see it in my game? How do you handle this? I hope you know what I mean…

TIA

Larger sponsor sites have their own scoring APIs to be included in your game once sponsorship deal is agreed on.

But what about when the sponsor is not that big and they don't have their own API?

It all depends how the deal is done of course, if potential sponsor makes requests while not providing solutions, maybe its not worth the trouble in the end. You can always disable ads in mochi version too. Or you can use some other Flash game highscore solution (playtomic, scoreoid).