A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help dissecting a flash animation?

Hybrid View

Help dissecting a flash animation?

Hey! My name is Kleptomaniak, and I'm an animation student who's looking to recreate a flash sequence for practice.

It's right here: http://fantasyblade.deviantart.com/#/d4x5unf

The effect on the hair is something I want to apply to a character of my own, but I honestly can't wrap my head around how it's done.

Is it done using a trick with tweens? Is it done using a specific / combination of tools? Or is it a whole frame by frame sequence?

Can anyone shed some light on this? ( as well as give some tips for recreating it to a newbie? lol )

Any and all answers are greatly appreciated!

its frame by frame for the hair, other bits seem to be on seperate timeframes using tweens, not relly to complicated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

also, notice the whiteness around the pony, it may have been drawn on another software and imported into Flash.

EDIT: Scratch the above, look at the image format, it's GIF, the animation is put together of images, into a GIF image file, so yeah, it's probably done Frame-by-Frame, or by using tools available on image softwares such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.

This can be done in Flash by using the Line Tool (N) to draw the hair, and then modify the lines on each Frame, or you could use the Pencil Tool (Y) and redraw the hair on each Frame.
    Last edited by Nig 13; 04-27-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Does anyone have any tips for making a fluid frame by frame animation, then? lol

I've never done it before, but the effect it creates looks amazing!

Sorry, animation varies from person to person. You'll need to use your drawing skills combined with your imagination, and try to make a Frame-by-Frame hair animation yourself. For frame-by-frame animation, you'll need to use Onion Skin as a guide:

I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS