A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [HELP] Looking for collaborators

[HELP] Looking for collaborators

I'm looking for people to help me bring my vision to fruition, in the form of a flash game.
    It's a little bit of an ambitious project, so I'm going to treat it as a learning experience, but I don't intend to let that stop me from finishing it.

A link to a demo/WIP follows, so please check it out and try to get a feel for what the finished product could be like. But keep in mind that I'm still getting the engine working.
    It's a little glitchy, and there's no real collision yet. And things like cut scenes and instructions will be added later.

Demo/WIP:
    (Default controls are: arrow keys to move, 'A' to attack, 'I' for inventory and 'P' to pause...)
    http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/...5f13ccb948307d

What I need most at the moment is an experienced game programmer who can take the lead on the programming, make sure I've done everything decently, and take this game to the next level. I'd ideally like to change everything to use a blitting technique, so if you know how to do all that BitmapData stuff, PLEASE contact me! Another thing that is sorely needed is a map editor, which I've written before in Python, but I'm having trouble translating to ActionScript. It doesn't need to be fancy. Just something with which you can place tiles from a tileset, and spit out an array that we can use in the game. And if you'd rather use a pre-existing map editor like mapy, that's fine, as long as you can get the game to make the maps! :P

This will give me time to upgrade the art assets and animation, and finish the tilesets, make more enemies, bosses, etc. at which point any help in that department would be greatly appreciated.
    If you want to see some of my artwork, I recently got a deviantart page: http://sagantucker.deviantart.com/gallery/

If you're a musician and this sparks your interest, please contact me with examples of your work.

For anyone who's interested I have a design document that can fill you in a bit further, just ask.
    My email is sagan.tucker@gmail.com

Thanks!

Dayl

bump

Try professional coder provider websites:
    -getacoder
    -getafreelancer
    <signature removed by admin>