A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: copy frames?

Question copy frames?

So I'm trying to copy a scene from one file to another.
    I've selected all the frames, copied and pasted them at the new target scene.
    For some reason the tweening does not copy - I see the tweening arrows and colors as in the original scene/frames, yet nothing is tweened.

Any thoughts on why that is?

I have such problem when copying motion tween from Flash CS4 or lower to Flash CS5. In CS5 there are new motion tween and classic motion tween. The new tween is for applying all kinds of effects. Classic is only for moving objects. If you use classic design for resizing a object in Flash CS5 - this doesn`t work (you see the tween arrows, but resize doesn`t work).

Another issue for your problem may comes from actionscript. If you have some .as files included in first .fla and you don`t include them in second .fla - this may break the animation.

The last thing that comes to my mind is compile error. See in the panel for Compile Errors if there are some actionscript errors on running. The movie plays, but errors could break some of the effects.

Hope this helps.

Scotty does know how to Fla-make cool ads.

http://flamake.net - this Ads will Fla-make you crazy. Find your cheap flash banners and see the best commercials around the world.