I'm sure this kind of thing has been asked multiple times but I've yet to find a straight forward answer that just works.

What I want to achieve is simple. Use some backend script of any kind. I honestly don't care what. And have flash call that script to save and load some data for a game to a .txt file.

This won't be hosted online or anything like that and I don't want to use sharedobjects since their not permanent enough for my tastes and not easily movable from computer to computer.

The games just a projector that you download and run. So I want it to function locally.

So yeah. If anyone has some idea how to simply save some integer's that would be greatly appreciated.

A piece of example code that actually works, saving and loading a single number would be a miracle at this point for me. The same for a string would be nice too.

Though I intend to save a heck of alot of numbers for the game. Several thousand probably due to the the way the game works. Being an RPG and all that's intended to have a play time exceeding 100 hours a mass amount of player data is only to be expected.

Thanks in advance.