A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cool Editing Technique

Cool Editing Technique

Stumbled across a cool editing technique this evening by accident!

I took a few pictures lastweek with my 50mm 1/8 with a macro tube wand a new light ring I recently got for doing portraits and macro stuff and was editing the images in Lightroom 3 and clicked the Black and White option accidentally.......

I found that I could edit options like sharpness and then just flip it back to colour with a touch of a button, in all a hell of a better way to edit non colour settings of a image.

Would be interested to hear if anybody has done this before or what your results are like when you try it.

The only way I can think of doing this in Photoshop is to duplicate the layer of your image, desaturate it then record a action of your adjustments then play the action back over the original image.

My final result is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nikonist
    No, never did!
    Would be interesting to see the original for comparison.
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

What adjustments are you making? PS has a black and white layer you can turn on an off too.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Nice Rose..