A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to edit pages in flash

How to edit pages in flash

Hi All!

I'm having a dumb blonde moment and I could really do with your help! I'm very new to flash and I've been stuck on the same issue for the last few days.

I've been able to locate and see on stage the pop up windows I wish to edit. On the site, there are 4 of these pop up windows and each one has the usual 'Lorem ipsum...' text that must be changed. Each one has a different title but the text is the same. NOTE - these titles are visible when the site is published and I click on the link for that particular pop up window.

The issue I have is that when I locate the popup window in the fla file and change words in the movie clip, it does not change when I publish it.

I've gone into the xml files but these are only for the contact and video pages. Is this something to do with classes and instances of classes? Or am I missing the point entirely? Your knowledge, wisdom and expertise in this would be much appreciated!

Thank you!!!

cuteblondie

Hi, i'm guessing you're trying to edit a template of some sorts. Either way, if you can send me the source files i can take a look. My email is megastee (at) hotmail (com).

Is this bear90? If so, then please read my email, as your FTP information didn't work
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS