A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can't edit page/window/frame

Can't edit page/window/frame

Hello!

I'm completely new to flash so my apologies if this question seems so basic.

I downloaded a flash template from templatemonster and am having trouble changing the 'dummy' text in a window into the text that I want.

Here's a link to what I mean...click on main page and then 'View more' - how do I edit the text in that window and make sure it's different for the other pages? Here's the site: http://www.createninspire.com/index_new.html

In the .fla, I've tried editing the thing that would control that text but when I do so, it changes for all the similar frames I see in the library and then does NOT update on the live swf file...i.e. the change I make is not seen when the site is published. This is a puzzle for me. I've done some tutorials on dynamic text and frames but this is still bugging me...any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

Kind regards

bear90

Hi,

Flash Templates aren't built as simple as just editing the text directly in Flash, but they're built in a way which makes it convenient for you to edit, so you don't have to open the .FLA file each time and edit the text manually. I'm pretty sure you got more files than just the .FLA file, right? Did you get a .XML file? If so, then open it in a Text Editor (e.g. Notepad), and see if the dummy text is in there. Report back, please
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Hello there Nig 13

And many thanks for your prompt response. I was very happy to receive it - it made my day!

Ok - I followed your instructions and found 3 xml files and opened them in Notepad. 2 of the xml files control the contact form and the other one controls the video display page. No gibberish text in any of them.

This must leave only one thing and that's the .FLA file. Any ideas?

Let me know!

Kind and warm regards

bear90

Hi,

I see, then did any other instructions follow with the template? If not, then how many of those windows are there in your Flash file?

Also, I would like you to send me the template (with all of its associated files), if it's possible (no need to if you don't want to), as I'd like to see it for myself, but only if you want to, that is

Hello there!

Please see my attachment. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Regards

bear90
    Last edited by whispers; 06-28-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Hi, i think you should PM the attachment to Nig_13 instead of post it publicly, as to avoid unwanted havoc on your server.

True, and the template might be bought as well, and posting it here would make it available to anyone