A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Export to .mov problems!

Flash Export to .mov problems!

OK, Im having the biggest headache over this and its such a stupid problem! I would be on the adobe forums but it doesn't even let me create a username for whatever reason, so ANYWAYS.

I have flash cs5 but when I export to .mov it creates artifacts and fragments of previous frames. I have tried exporting it with the same dimensions and checking the time elapse box etc. almost everything! nothing works!!

So I downloaded the Flash cs6 trial thinking maybe this problem was fixed in cs6 but NOW i have a totally different problem! When I export it gives me "The export operation failed because it ran out of memory" WTF? Im running a 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 12 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM and the animation its self is like 40 SECONDS! so im sure it should not require such extensive memory!

Ok so I checked the store temp data option to DISC and then it gives me "operation failed because of unknown error" WTF do I do? All I want is to export this to .mov so i can edit the final touches in Final cut and AE and put it on youtube....

Converting it to a movie from inside Flash is not the best option. You know, there are softwares to convert SWF files to Video Files, like S-o-t-h-i-n-k SWF to Video Converter, or you could use a Screen Capture/Recorder software like ZD Soft or Camtasia
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

I have tried some free trials of SWF converters that were for mac but no luck! Any suggestions for mac users?

Use a friends PC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK any other suggestions people? This shouldn't even be a problem when the program itself SHOULD be able to do this. No rynoe im not gonna use someones PC. im not gonna ask someone every time I need to export to .mov. I need this to work I have other projects coming up too.

I've previously had problems exporting to .mov files as well. I fix it by manually setting the stop exporting time. Try this.

In the 'QuickTime Export Settings' click the 'After time elapsed' button and specify the end time, instead of the using the 'When last frame is reached' option.

ive tried that too, no luck! :/ same thing. Now when I try in flash cs6 it gives me "could not complete operation because of unknown error" wtf does that mean?

Really, it totally depends on what you are doing. DO NOT try to convert a swf movie that is totally retarded. You will not get the same Frame rate as you did in flash because it captures the screen and who is to say you even have the other software. I think people that put 17 year old boy as their signature should be banned.