A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Platform Game Problems.

Platform Game Problems.

Ive been told to make a simple platform game on ActionScript 3.0 for college, i managed to get the player to move, the floors and platform colisions and all, but i have the next 2 problems/doubts.

1-I need to make it 3 levels long, so i was thinking in creating 3 frames on my timeline each one of them being a stage, and when player_mc hits goal_mc it goes to the next frame. Have a vague idea on how to do this, but nothing works

2-(not that important, i prefer a solution for 1) I cant code a colision for my sidewalls without the player_mc going through them, if i use the same code i used for my floor colision it still doesnt work.

I apprecciate any help and can share code if needed

1. I think it's better if you create each level as an movieClip and load/unload each level at the time. However this may be an option of personal preference. I usually just use frames for animations and buttons. If you can detect collision for the walls there should not be a big problem to detect collision for the goal, just add another event listener.

2. Move the player_mc back if a collision has been made.
    Last edited by somlemeg; 07-12-2012 at 03:02 AM.