A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A beginner in desperate need of help :D!

A beginner in desperate need of help :D!

Hi all! First time posting on these forums, but I have been a lurker for a long time.

I'm making a website for someone who specifically requested using Flash, and I know how to do everything...well almost everything.

I've attached the entire site with codes and a working swf here: http://www.2shared.com/file/jfQHZpP8/Actual_Site.html

I was following a tutorial, but changing a whole lot of things to be more appropriate for my needs. The only thing I can't seem to change on my own is adding several pictures to the "Full Project Panel". That is found when clicking any project in the Projects page. I have it so when you click on a project, you get more info about that project. What I want to add is a slideshow in the Full Project Panel.

If you see the "Multi-purpose 1" project and click on it, you'll see I found a way to add two pictures below each other. What I want though is a way to navigate between 5-6 pictures in each Full Project Panel, accessing those images through the xml file.

I'm open to any solution that can achieve this, and I really have been working on this issue alone for the past 3 days and I just can't seem to figure out a way...

I'm actually quite new to flash, so sorry if there's some easy answer I'm missing.

Thanks everyone!

Just bumping this with an update.

I managed to find a way to play with the alpha effect on pictures and having buttons to make a manual slideshow. With Tweening I can add nice transitioning effects, so hopefully that problem is solved, with one exception.

I have the the project panels that open up the fullproject panels as a 'for loop', so I can't manipulate one without changing the other. The problem here is that I might have 5 pictures for the first project, hence needing 5 buttons, but I might have 4 pictures for the second project, only needing 4 buttons. Is there a way I can set the fifth button to hide if I add an array to the project panels?

Something like "if fullProjectPanel.Array = 2, button5.visible = false"? (not perfect syntax, just would the concept itselft work?

Orrr maybe I set a boolean on the main timeline (seeing as the buttons appear on the movieclip "fullprojectpanel" to indicate a state, then I can make it appear based on that?

The problem would be I dont think this would work: "if fullProjectPanel[i=2]==up, then button.visible = false;"...right?