A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Too Fast!

Too Fast!

Hello everyone, new guy here, im also failry new to flash. Im using Flash MX and Dreamweaver CS5. Ive been making some flash with a moving truck and through the last couple days and i add it to my site and upload it and it has been working well. Then yesterday i made some changes to the file and added it to dreamweaver and uploaded and the then the first 20 or so frames run really fast and then the thing calms down. This is being viewed in internet explorer 9 win 7. So i tried it in firefox, and it works normal, so then i tried it in internet explorer 9 on vista and it works fine. I even had someone else try it on their win 7 IE9 and it does the same thing. This all the sudden happened yesterday afternoon.

Now if i publish preview from flash it plays fine, or if i just open the file from the folder its in it plays fine.

Here is the link to my test page,

http://www.reedoil.com/flashtest.php

see the banner where the truck scrolls across the screen, the truck moves very fast, then the flash slows down to normal speed.

My FPS is 12 and that tween of the truck going left to right should cover about 1.8 seconds per the timeline in flash. THe whole flash should be about 14.3 seconds. Its like it gets revved up and flies throught th first 2-3 seconds.

The second flash file on the page the square block that rotates pictures is set to flip every 5.8 seconds and does so normally.

Thanks for the help guys.

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    Sorry but i don't see any truck "moving"...I'm in the HOME section...

Sorry, that was 2 months ago, i have since changed what i was doing. I got help on another board and we just ended up doing a preloader and it fixed everything. Thanks though

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    Oh ok, just in case. I happened to need a help with something about shared objects, another thing about a flash soda machine, and another thing about loading vars from a text file with a random data, and it was not untill months later that i got an answer. Glad you managed it.