A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please help with my Uni eLearning course

Please help with my Uni eLearning course

Hi Everyone,

I'm studying a post-graduate certificate in eLearning through the University of New England in Australia. One of the subjects I am currently studying involves the evaluation of a 'learning community'. For this assignment I have chosen to look at Flash Kit.

I've chosen Flash Kit it as I am slowly developing an interest in Flash and this community looks like a well developed, thriving site with a large membership and a long history.

I was wondering if some of you can let me know....
    1) what you think makes this a useful learning experience....for instance what aspects of the site keep you coming back, wanting to contribute etc ?
    2) the benefits you get from this community/site?
    3) any problems you find with this community/site?
    4) if you would define the site as a 'community' in your own terms?

Any full or partial responses would be greatly appreciated and would help me develop a well-rounded assignment.

Thanks!

regards

Mark

1) The feeling of being able to help someone, but foremost the experience one acquires through helping others, which is way more fun that practicing on your own. Also, all the members are nice and friendly here and don't flame on each other.

2) Same as above, I get to practice my coding and learn something new all the time

3) Not really, except that some people sometimes tend to take a helper's help for granted and exploit that chance to their own avail for further personal assistance without showing proper gratitude. I think that's a bit egocentric, but find it inevitable to decline due to my nature.

4) Well, right now, I wouldn't really call it a community as there aren't many active members (at least in the sections I'm active in), only a few helpers and lots of people asking for help (who sometimes just vanish off the face of the earth after receiving their answer), BUT, lately a few people have started to make this forum feel like a community again, and I'm glad for that (sorry if I misunderstood this question as I have a vague comprehension of the word, 'community')
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Nig 13 View Post
    1) The feeling of being able to help someone, but foremost the experience one acquires through helping others, which is way more fun that practicing on your own. Also, all the members are nice and friendly here and don't flame on each other.

2) Same as above, I get to practice my coding and learn something new all the time

3) Not really, except that some people sometimes tend to take a helper's help for granted and exploit that chance to their own avail for further personal assistance without showing proper gratitude. I think that's a bit egocentric, but find it inevitable to decline due to my nature.

4) Well, right now, I wouldn't really call it a community as there aren't many active members (at least in the sections I'm active in), only a few helpers and lots of people asking for help (who sometimes just vanish off the face of the earth after receiving their answer), BUT, lately a few people have started to make this forum feel like a community again, and I'm glad for that (sorry if I misunderstood this question as I have a vague comprehension of the word, 'community')
    Thats right on the mark. Can't really add much to that other than it seems sometimes people just want it done for them rather than actually learn how to do it.
    Last edited by rynoe; 07-27-2012 at 02:54 PM. Reason: eye fell out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

If anyone has anything they would like to add, I'd love to hear it.........

regards
    Mark